Tuesday 4 December 2007

My first attempt in using C++ in Visual studio 2005

Well I guess I just Thought I install it on my new laptop WHICH CAME WITH A VISTA And this VISTA thing I guess made every thing go wrong. Well I tried to install it over and over and over but each time at some different point I got this weird message saying the pkg is corrupt or something, I don't remember the message but I'll past it here next time I'll try to install Visual studio.

Anyway if you want to have safe installing of Visual studio 2005 on your vista:

  1. Installation has some problems when some programs such as Virus scanners are running. Run your system configuration ( you can always find it on your system using HELP) , choose "selective statup" and untick all the options.
  2. Some corrupted files are sometimes left in temp, I don't know why but you need to remove them before installation. This should happen when you cancel an Installation, but I've seen it in the first attempt too. In the search text box above the start , type %temp%. Delete all the temporary files. Remember to make a copy of the things I think you might need.


 

Well that it. I hope this helps someone else too.

No comments: